Dr. Ferns was born and raised in Kansas City, where he lived until he went on to the University of Missouri-Columbia for his undergraduate education. Dr. Ferns continued his studies at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry. After graduation, Dr. Ferns completed a General Practice Residency at Truman Medical Center- Lakewood which focused on training in general dentistry, endodontics, implant placement, and oral surgery. Dr. Ferns went on to practice in California before finally making his way back to Kansas City to serve the local Blue Springs community and surrounding areas.
Dr. Ferns spends many hours each year completing additional training to learn the most up-to-date methods and techniques to better serve his patients.
Dr. Ferns and his staff would like to invite you to stop by the office to meet them and take an office tour, or call (816) 228-0001 today to book your new patient exam. A beautiful, clean, healthy smile is just a phone call away.
Dr. Ferns is committed to continuing his dental training and has completed the following courses:
- Invisalign Clear Essentials I
- Invisalign Clear Essentials II
- AIE Implant Residency Program
- Real World Endo: Bio Ceramic Sealer course
- Treating Periodontal Disease with Perio Protect Method
- Cerec Level 1, 2, & 3 training
- Sirona CBCT training
- Botox & Filler certified for TMD and cosmetics
Dr. Ferns is also a member of the following Study Clubs and Organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Missouri Dental Association
- Alabama Implant Education
- Brassler Real World Endo
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Spear Study Club